Monday, 1 October 2012

Kitchen Artwork

Here are some framed vintage labels that I hung in my kitchen this weekend...


I had a hard time finding reasonably priced picture frames (including mattes) that were the size that I wanted for my kitchen artwork. It ended up being cheaper to by actual artwork, take it out of the frame and add my own art instead. It's a bit of extra work, but I think it was well worth it. I bought these pictures for about $12 each. I started by cutting the paper backing off.


Next, I took the staples out of two sides of the frame so that I was able to slide the picture out.


Then I replaced the original artwork with what I wanted to frame (printed vintage can labels). I slid everything back together and replaced the staples that I had removed and that was it!


No comments:

Post a Comment