Thursday 22 August 2013

Mini Mason Jar Cheesecakes

 I made these mini mason jar cheesecakes for my sister's bridal shower and I had to post about them because they turned out so well! I had never made cheesecake before so I was a bit nervous about how this would go but I gave it a shot. The recipe was super easy and I would recommend this to anyone. Here is the recipe:



This recipe makes about 9 or 10 mini cheesecakes.
 
For the base:
  • 2 cups of crushed graham crackers
  • 1/4 cup of sugar
  • 6 tbsp. of melted butter

 
I crushed up the graham crackers using a potato masher until they looked like the next picture. Then I added the sugar and butter and mixed it up until it was sticky.
 
 
Next I patted the crumbs into the bottom of each jar, making sure it was pressed in well.

 
For the cheesecake:
  • 3 packages of 8oz cream cheese (softened)
  • 14oz sweetened condensed milk
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla
I whipped the softened cream cheese using a hand mixer, then added the condensed milk, eggs and vanilla. I poured this mixture on top of the graham cracker base.


 
I put all of the jars into a baking dish and added water until the jars were half way submerged. I baked them at 350 for 20 minutes. The original recipe said they are done when they are set but slightly jiggly (if that helps).


When they were done baking, I used tongs to take them out of the water bath and put them onto my cooling rack. I let them cool here for about an hour and then kept them in the fridge.



I just used canned pie filling (blueberry, strawberry, and cherry) on the top of the cheesecakes. I'll be honest, I was too nervous to try making my own sauce since I wasn't even confident that the actual cheesecake would turn out. Here is the link for where I found the recipe http://preparingforpeanut.com/dessert-of-the-year-mason-jar-cheesecake/ . There is a recipe on here for making raspberry sauce which I will definitely try some day.

 
I don't have a picture of it, but once they were all made, I used permanent marker to label which flavor each jar was. That way my guests knew which they were choosing. Having dessert in a jar was nice because a few people who had to leave early ended up taking it to go so it was kind of like a party favor.


 I absolutely love this recipe and I would recommend it to anyone! I'm looking forward to making a few new flavors for fall. I was thinking pumpkin, caramel, and apple.

4 comments:

  1. They were yummy. I made a different non cooked version and it also is good as well as a frozen peach dessert that I put in jars---following your example.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea!! Definitely going to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look wonderful! Can you tell me what brand of jars and lids you used?

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look wonderful! Can you tell me what brand of jars and lids you used?

    ReplyDelete