Friday 21 September 2012

We made our own save the dates

My parents are throwing us an engagement party tomorrow afternoon and I'm really looking forward to it. We'll get a chance to hand out our save the date magnets to the people who can make it to the party. We didn't want to spend a lot of money on save the dates so we decided to make them ourselves. It was very easy and I think they turned out pretty well.
 


I put the scrabble letters, my engagement ring, and plants from our garden on the hardwood floor in my kitchen and took a picture of it. I added the wording using microsoft word on my computer and set it up to print to the size of business cards. I printed it at home using photo paper and Alex helped me to cut them all square.



Next, I added the magnets to the back. I found 50 magnets the size of business cards for about $14 at staples. One side of the magnets has adhesive on it so once the save the dates were printed and cut, we just had to stick them onto the magnets and they were good to go.


I put each one into an envelope so that they didn't all stick together in one big mess. I put the envelopes into a basket with a save the date on it so that we can set it out on a table at the party. Now our guests will have a cute little magnet to stick on their fridge to remind them of our wedding.

 






No comments:

Post a Comment