Thursday 11 July 2013

A New Look For An Old Bench

I bought this small bench from the antiques store a while ago and finally got around to painting and recovering it. It has found a home in my living room for now. I fell in love with this fabric a few months ago. My initial idea was to use if for curtains in the living room, but it looked too yellow-y when the sunlight came through it (I'm glad I just bought a meter to test it out first). I ended up making a couple of pillow cases and recovering this bench instead.



 Here is a picture of the bench before. Originally it was covered in a burgundy floral fabric (I forgot to take a picture when I first bought it) but I quickly recovered it with this grey leaf fabric. I always knew I wanted to paint the legs white, it just took me a while to actually do it.

 
Here are a few more pictures of the finished bench in its spot in the living room:
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment